CALL FOR PAPERS
Web of Things, People and Information Systems
14th International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations (ICISO 2013)
IFIP WG8.1 Working Conference
March 25-27, 2013 Stockholm, Sweden http://www.orgsem.org/2013
The 14th International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations (ICISO 2013)is the fourteenth in a series of international events devoted to the latest research in informatics in organisations and organisational semiotics (see www.orgsem.org for earlier conferences since 1995).
Conference Scope and Theme
The rapid development of the internet, mobile computing, as well as the capabilities for global and unique identification of objects, makes it possible to sense, identify, locate, and connect people, machines, devices, equipment and other resources. These new capabilities bring forth emerging concepts such as the Internet of Things (IoT) or the Web of Things (WoT), whereby distributed collaboration through shared workflows and business processes take place from anywhere and anytime.
The Web of Things, People and Information Systems forms a new world emerging by coupling and empowering humans in the social sphere, information systems in the digital world, and things in the physical domain. It is a holistic vision of the on-going evolution of IoT/WoT era which not only contains the connectivity to communicate with things, but also human activities in social context and information systems. There is a transformation of human life style, habits, organisational activities and architecture, culture and globalization in the new IoT/WoT age. In turn, services and applications from IoT/WoT must continuously evolve with the social world in order to meet human and organizational requirements. Furthermore, the things in the physical domain must be seamlessly integrated with information systems, not just simply through the user interface, but in the way that each of the things in the IoT/WoT can be aware of both itself and others to provide the right service for the right object at the right time and context. Our theme of web of things, people and information systems aims to aid the design and implementation of effective solutions to realise the sustainable symbiosis of things, people and information systems in the new information age.
Format and Venue
The aim of ICISO 2013 is to provide a focal forum for participants from various domains of information management and information systems, internet of things/web of things, computational science, semiotics, humanities, and business and engineering, being researchers, practitioners, or business and industrial professionals and academics. The conference enables the sharing and exchange of the latest achievements both academic as well as practical. ICISO 2013 continues the effort of the international research community in the development of the emergent discipline of informatics and its applications. Particularly the application of informatics in new realms of research is aimed at.
ICISO 2013 takes place at the Stockholm University in Stockholm, Sweden.
Research papers presenting original work in relevant areas are invited. Industrial and work-in-progress papers are also welcome.
The conference topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Organisational Semiotic theory, concepts, methods and techniques, and their practical applications
- Semiotically motivated approaches to information systems
- Semantic web and its applications
- Pragmatic web and context-aware approaches and applications
- Adaptive architecture for information systems
- Methodologies for information systems design and implementation
- Agent-based information systems
- Business process and workflow modelling, analysis, integration and management
- Web of Things, People and Information Systems: theory, methods, and techniques for design and applications
- Semiotic engineering and semiotics in web of things, people and information systems
- Semantic technologies for description and representation of devices and services
- Human-things interaction models and paradigms
- Information systems architecture fostering the Web of Things and People
- Use and developments of latest technologies for the physical world (e.g., business intelligence, ubiquitous computing, cloud and services, social networks, etc.)
- Applications of Web of Things (smart homes/cities/factories/e-commerce/e-government/e-healthcare)
- Impacts of Web of Things on business, organisations and people
- Socio-technical environment for the integration of Web of Things and traditional information systems
- Service modelling and management in Web of Things and people
- Security, access control, and physical sharing of physical things on the Web
- Conference Date: 25 - 27 March, 2013
- Regular Paper Submission(extended): 9 November, 2012
- Authors Notification (regular papers): 10 January, 2012
- Camera-ready Submission and Registration: 25 January, 2013
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers that must not be published elsewhere and not currently under review for any other publication. The manuscripts in English must be submitted in the provided format (both as Word and Adobe PDF files) and may not exceed 10 pages. Short papers within 6 pages are also acceptable to present the work in progress, typically from PhD researchers. All papers will be submitted through the EasyChair system.
The papers will be selected based on a peer review by three independent members of the program committee. This review process will be anonymous in order to ensure quality and to avoid prejudice. At least one author per accepted paper is required to register and attend the conference.
Conference proceedings will be published by Science and Technology
Publications (SciTePress). As in previous conferences, all accepted papers
will be submitted to ISTP and EI for indexing.
Conference Contact Details
Conference website: www.orgsem.org/2013/
Conference email address: ICISO2013@reading.ac.uk