Call for Papers
The 17th International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations (ICISO) is part of a series of international events devoted to the latest research in informatics and applications of Organisational Semiotics (OS) in organisations.
Ubiquitous Computing, Wearable Computing, Digital Business Ecosystems, Tangible User Interfaces, Intelligent Buildings, Big Data, Digital Visualization, and Social Software are some examples of how Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) have permeated all aspects of individual and social life, crossing (and sometimes dissolving) the boundaries between organizations and specific places. In a society mediated by ICTs, both organisations and technology must be socially aware: mindful of the complex context in which they exist and different stakeholders live, striving for socially responsible processes and products.
OS, with its methods and techniques, provides an effective approach for conducting practical and theoretical work in business and information systems in complex settings. OS has been considered as a discipline that enables us to understand the inter-workings and interactions between individuals and within the society, between human and technology, opening the prospect for scientific theory building and providing a handle for gaining insights of organized behaviour. The broad issues that concern the researchers in this field are philosophical, social and technical, studied using existing and newly developed semiotic theories and methods.
Aims and Objectives
ICISO 2016 will continue the effort of the international research community in the development of Organisational Semiotics, focusing not only on theory-building, but also on practical benefits gained through applications of methods and techniques derived from various OS approaches. The conference theme - Socially Aware Organisations and Technologies: impact and challenges - invites us to think ahead and to explicitly consider technology and organisations from a socio-responsible perspective.
Topics of interested are (not limited to):
- Organizational semiotics: theory, methods, techniques, and their applications
- Semiotics motivated approaches to information systems
- Socio-technical approaches to enterprise systems
- Enterprise and service-oriented architecture to information systems
- Digital business ecosystems
- E-leadership, enterprise architecture and digital innovation
- User-centred approaches to information systems and information management
- Semiotics of interactions and user interface design
- Semiotic-based methods to systems development and requirements engineering
- Ontology engineering
- Big data, big data analytics for decision support
- Digital visualisation for information analysis
- Knowledge management and engineering
- Semiotic-based requirements analysis for innovation
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Internet of things, cloud computing and other interruptive technologies and applications
- Semantic, pragmatic, and social web
- Social media in relation to information management
- Trends, challenges and new issues in organizations and technologies
- Full paper submission deadline: 22 February 2016
- Notification of acceptance: 21 March 2016
- Camera ready version: 4 April 2016
- Conference: 1-3 August 2016
Selected papers will be taken forward to a special issue in Information Systems and e-Business Management journal (SSCI-Indexed).
All papers will be blind reviewed by three reviewers. We welcome both papers of a theoretical nature and papers that discuss historical and empirical research. As the previous editions, the accepted papers will be published by Springer as a volume of the series of IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology (IFIP AICT).
The proceedings will be indexed by the following indexing services/databases:
- ISI Proceedings
- EI Compendex